SOH begins this Monday, July 18 at 6:30 a.m. at the Stake Center. It is very important that you arrive on time. Agenda for Monday morning:
- 6:30 a.m.: Arrive, pack trucks, get Monday food supply in the gym
- 6:50 a.m.: Prayer meeting for all adult leaders (including rangers) in YW room
- 7:00 a.m.: All participants meet in chapel for final instruction
- Updated as of 7/13/2016: Driving directions to Dickey Creek TH and schedule for shooting have been updated in group route summaries (PDF), Google Earth Files, and GPX files:
- Group route summaries (PDF): includes itineraries for all groups (driving directions and hiking) and your scheduled shooting time. Do not be late for shooting. We recommend that every adult leader print out a copy of his group’s itinerary and pack it with him. We will be providing all rangers with both group route itineraries and a professional FS map on Monday morning.
- Google Earth Files: includes full data base (best for use on your computer) and a simplified version (best for use on mobile apps)
- GPX files: for use on stand-alone GPS devices
- README file for map data (there is no requirement to use electronic map data).
- The food re-supply plan is available here. All groups will receive their first supply of food Monday morning at the Stake Center. Groups will subsequently be re-supplied later in the week at either Elk or Dunlap Lake, depending on their route.
- Online SOH registration (closed)
- Medical release forms (required to participate; due July 1). If you already completed a physical for sports, Boy Scouts, or other purposes, you may submit that form instead.
- Firearm authorization forms (required to participate in shooting portion of SOH; due July 1)
- SOH info packet (includes equipment list)
- SOH kick-off slides and updates for leaders
The medical and firearm authorization forms should be remitted to Jason Appah (info is on LDS Tools). You can send him scans/pictures of these completed documents or hard copies.
Corvallis Stake YM